Sunday, December 31, 2006

Musical highlights in 2006

Last year I only bought two recently released CD's. Does this mean that 2006 wasn't musically interesting? Well... I think not. For me 2006 meant a 'rediscovery' of previous released music, like that of Donald Fagan, Return to Forever, Stevie Wonder, and Thelonious Monk. So, there was a lot of music to listen to. Further, I listened frequently to my '2005 Top 3'.

The two CD's I bought this year I'd like to mention here. Especially the CD Hosting Changes of the Michiel Braam's Wurli Trio in my opinion deserves extra credits. So my top 2 of 2006 is:

Hosting Changes - Michiel Braam's Wurli Trio (MBWT). A very inspiring musical production. For me a MBWT concert in Nijmegen was one of this years musical highlights.


The London Session - Benjamin Herman. This CD is great. When you're feeling grumpy, just put this CD in your CD player. Quality music, like 'Get In' or 'Trippin'' of the New Cool Collective.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iwan, have a bloggin´ good 2007!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home